Friday 22 December 2017

Hanbury animation

This is a very rough and incomplete trailer I put together for our upcoming trip to London with the Hanbury Hall event, meeting professionals and those in the industry. The movie Justice League is out soon, and although my whole being knows it will be awful, the young version of me that read Justice League in high school still holds a small bit of faith. Some of the marketing for the film has actually been quite cool, musically and visually. Hopefully this carries over into the finished film and prove me wrong, because I never actively want anything to be bad, I just appreciate that some things definitely, definitely are.

The music here is taken from that marketing campaign, a hard hitting cover of the Beatles “Come Together”. I’m not a Beatles fan, at all, but I find the last few measures of this song to be really atmospheric and engaging, something that I think our trip to Hanbury can be and will be.
I’m trying to incorporate animation, especially alongside music, into my practice a bit more, following the Baby Driver trailer I put together over the end of summer. I really enjoy working alongside a beat, and instrumentals, as it makes me think visually in a whole different sense. Things have to move, grow, change colour, disappear or explode all at different times in different ways that feel organic, as if they’ve grown out of the song itself. I enjoy making work that can exist in this medium, as it adds a lot to the way I think about my work. Not sure what the final use of this will be yet, I’m just excited for the event, so I just wanted to make something that represents that and can hopefully arouse interest in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment