Sunday 15 May 2016

Studio Brief 2 - Illustrated Self


This is my response to Studio Brief 2 - The Illustrated Self
I wanted to use this short brief to explore the personal responses I have been dealing with throughout the year and try and convey how they have affected my time here and the development of my work. Basically my poster is based around my ideas of self conflict in terms of myself and my work. I chose to visualise this through these simplistic avatars of the different aspects of my personality, and pit the positive against the negative. Potential and Humour vs Self Doubt, Paranoia and Stress. Coming onto this course and being surrounded by talent and great work has been a double edged sword for me throughout the year, as its allowed me to meet and connect with like minded people and see the work they are producing, but I've also often felt that I dont have as much of a solid idea where I'm going with my work in comparison to others on the course who seem a lot more capable and better. This piece is me trying to come to peace with this duality in myself and try and channel it into better work for the future rather than letting it get on top of me as it has for some parts of this year. Its also an acceptance of my many weaknesses and the start of an effort to tackle them as I move forward into level 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment