Monday 16 May 2016

Context of Practice - End of Module Self-Evaluation



Leeds College of Art
BA (Hons) ILLUSTRATION
Level
04
OUIL401Context of Practice
Credits
20
End of Module Self Evaluation

NAME
ISAAC SMITH


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I feel that I have developed a strong sense of how to look deeper into an illustration and identify contextual factors that might be at play within the choices of composition and colour, and how they define what the image is trying to convey. I also think I have gotten better at applying knowledge of the time and place an illustration was made within my analysis of that image, to understand the context of it and how it relates to the world in which it was produced/produced for.




2. What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your practical outcomes?

As my practical outcomes have been very politically driven I have started to keep up with newspapers and online articles to broaden my knowledge of what I’m researching and how I can visually respond to the ideas and topics that are present in today’s politics. I have also been watching debates and speeches on television to try and get a more direct presentation of the issues without it being filtered through a reporter first.





3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I am happy with my essay as I feel that I used my research to flesh out the ideas I wanted to discuss, and I enjoyed the process of putting the essay together and exploring my theme, as ideas of social and political change in regard to illustration is something I have always been interested in and look forward to exploring further now I have a better knowledge of it in the context of specific examples from the last few decades.



4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I found it difficult not really having a finished product to work towards, so I need to improve my skills at developing work as much as I can without the aim of making a final piece at the end of that development. I also would utilise the library more as a lot of my research has been based online. I think I generally need to be just as exhaustive as possible to make better and more refined work in the future.




5. Identify five things that you feel will benefit you during next years Context of Practice module?
- Visual Journal
- Blogging regularly
Research
Being more openminded to new ideas and techniques
Developing work without a finished outcome in mind















6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance


x


Punctuality


x


Motivation


x


Commitment


x


Quantity of work produced


x


Quality of work produced



x

Contribution to the group



x

The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self-evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.


A copy of your end of module self evaluation should be posted to your studio practice blog. This should be the last post before the submission of work and will provide the starting point for the assessment process. Post a copy of your evaluation to your COP blog as evidence of your own on going evaluation.


Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment