Sunday 6 November 2016

Thought(s) Bubble

My favourite get from Thought Bubble: a print of this adult Finn by Mister Hope.

Thought Bubble was amazing! I didn't know what to expect at all, having lived in Leeds forever and never having gone before, I didn't expect it to be as massive and as varied as it was. I loved the energy of the huge rooms with like minded people just sharing the whole experience of drawing weird stuff for a living.
It really gave me a lot of confidence in terms of the industry too, as it was so open and welcoming to hundreds of different styles, methods, products and people that it felt like there was a place for everyone there.
I mainly bought prints and spoke to artists whose work focused on character and colour, as these are things I'm beginning to explore a lot more at Level 5. Nobody seemed too busy to talk to us, which was great because they could appreciate that they were annoying students once too. I'm really excited for next year, as we'll be in third year by then (hyperventilating) and should have a better knowledge of how it works and how to get the best out of it. I think I'll definitely go to more of the talks next year, as this time was so focused on getting into the halls and buying stuff, but I really want to hear people talk about their practice there, as there are so many different disciplines and ways of thinking about illustration.



No comments:

Post a Comment