Friday 23 March 2018

Dream Wife - FIRE

This design for the song Fire by the band Dream Wife is part of the self directed music based brief I’ve been working on for 603. Earlier in the year I had some contact with bands about work, but I haven’t reached out in a while, as I’ve been focused on building up my extended practice portfolio with a greater range of work outside of the music based stuff.  

I’ve made a conscious effort to focus on the music of smaller bands with my responses, mainly because their music hasn’t been done to death or mined for ideas already, so it acts as a clean slate for me creatively, and I find it a lot more exciting to adapt something into the visual that might not have been adapted before. This, and also because the bands are smaller and thereby more likely of actually becoming aware of the work I’m doing.

The band Dream Wife liked this Instagram post, and made me aware they had actually seen it. It feels strange to talk about professionals responding to my work on Instagram because I don’t always feel like it's incredibly relevant, or a definite indicator of anything. However, I thought that each small development is still an example of moving forward and slowly becoming known by more practitioners and professionals moving out of uni, which is something I really want to boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment