Friday 13 October 2017

Self Portrait study task

This self portrait is heavily influenced by the way I’ve mostly been working recently for COP. The text / image combination is still something I think is in the developmental stage of my practice, but I’m enjoying playing around with the different configurations. The text used is kind of my mantra at the moment, and is taken from the album title of the Norwegian band Sløtface. I work a couple of jobs throughout the week on evenings to help get through uni, and sometimes it can feel like freaking out is a large part of my daily process, but I’ve been trying to find balance between work and more work and occasionally sleeping, so I thought the line “try not to freak out” sums up where I’m at, both personally and professionally right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment