Tuesday 3 November 2015

What is Illustration Task

This task was helpful to me in becoming more aware of the specific differences between images, drawings, and illustrations. I understood that illustrations are images that have a story to tell or a point to make but this task greatly developed my knowledge of how the context of an image, the aesthetic of it, or the purpose of it can all be variables in how it is defined in the world of illustration. A few of my images that I brought in as my favourite pieces of illustration were classified as either drawings or images instead of illustrations and I now feel that I have a better grasp on what makes an illustration an illustration. I also never thought of the context of an image (where in the world it appears) would dictate how it is defined, so I learned something entirely new with this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment